The state's flagship institution of higher education, the University of Connecticut is governed by a board of trustees who are among the premier entrepreneurs, strategists, and educators in their respective fields.
President Susan Herbst oversees a University system that includes 10 Schools and Colleges at its Storrs campus, separate Schools of Law and Social Work in Hartford, five regional campuses throughout the state, and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine at the UConn Health Center in Farmington.
Susan Herbst became the 15th President of the University of Connecticut on June 1, 2011. A specialist in political science, Herbst is the author of many scholarly journal articles and books, including her most recent book about incivility in American politics, Rude Democracy.
Office of the President Website
Chief of Staff to the President &
Executive Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Rachel Rubin works with the President on all her initiatives, coordinates the activities of her senior administrative team, and oversees the day-to-day operations of her office.
Office of the President Website
Board of Trustees Website
Provost & Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
Mun Y. Choi is provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Connecticut. An elected member of the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering, Choi was appointed by Gov. Dannel Malloy to serve on the Board of Directors of the reconstituted Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA) in 2011.
Office of the Provost Website
Senior Vice Provost & Vice President for Research
Suman Singha is senior vice provost and vice president for research for the University of Connecticut. His research has focused on plant growth and developmental physiology and he has been recognized for teaching excellence. Singha was named an American Council on Education Fellow in 2000.
Research Administration Website
Executive Vice President for Administration & Chief Financial Officer
Richard Gray is executive vice president for administration and chief financial officer for the University of Connecticut.
A former member of the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Forum, Gray has had a long career in public finance, commercial lending, health care financial management, and banking.
Executive Vice President for Administration & Chief Financial Officer's Official Website
Vice President for Economic Development
Mary Holz-Clause is vice president for economic development for the University of Connecticut. Prior to her appointment, Holz-Clause served as associate vice president for extension and outreach at Iowa State University and has been in the field of economic development for more than three decades.
Office of Economic Development Website
Vice President for Enrollment Planning & Management
Wayne Locust is vice president for enrollment planning and management at the University of Connecticut. Locust previously served as UConn's director of undergraduate admissions from 1998 to 2001 and was most recently vice provost for enrollment management at SUNY-Albany.
Enrollment Planning and Management Website
Executive Vice President for Health Affairs & Dean, School of Medicine
Frank Torti joined the University of Connecticut from Wake Forest University School of Medicine where he served as vice president for strategic programs, director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center, and chair of the Department of Cancer Biology. In addition, he previously served as the former principal deputy commissioner, chief scientist, and then acting commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Executive Vice President for Health Affairs' Official Website
Vice President for Student Affairs
John R. Saddlemire, Ed.D., is vice president for student affairs for the University of Connecticut. As Co-Director of the Higher Education and Student Affairs Master's Program in the Neag School of Education, Saddlemire is committed to the preparation of aspiring student affairs professionals. John leads a team dedicated to creating an engaging out-of-class experience.
Student Affairs Website
Vice President for Communications
Tysen Kendig is vice president for communications at the University of Connecticut. Responsible for strategic marketing, public relations, and media relations, Kendig previously served as Vice President for Strategic Communication at the University of Iowa and Associate Director of Public Relations at Rider University.
Office of University Communications Website
Richard Orr is the chief legal officer for the University of Connecticut, responsible for providing strategic legal advice and coordinating the delivery of legal services in all areas of law affecting the University.
Office of the General Counsel Website
- Nancy BullVice Provost, Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
- Jennifer Lease ButtsAssistant Vice Provost and Director of the Honors Program
- Elizabeth ConklinAssociate Vice President for Diversity
- Laura CruickshankMaster Planner and Chief University Architect
- Peter Diplock (interim)Assistant Vice Provost, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Amy DonahueChief Operations Officer for Academic Administration
- Brinley FranklinVice Provost, Library Administrative Services
- Kent HolsingerVice Provost for Graduate Education
- Warde J. ManuelDirector of Athletics
- Maria MartinezAssistant Vice Provost, Institute for Student Success
- Robert McCarthyVice Provost for Engagement
- Suresh Nair (interim)Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness
- Jeffrey OgbarVice Provost for Diversity
- Sally Reis Vice Provost for Academic Administration
- Ralph UrbanAttorney General
- Daniel WeinerVice Provost for Global Affairs
- Dana WilderAssistant Vice Provost
- Gregory WeidemannCollege of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- John ElliottSchool of Business
- R. Lamont MacNeilSchool of Dental Medicine
- Thomas C. DeFrancoNeag School of Education
- Kazem Kazerounian (interim)School of Engineering
- Brid GrantSchool of Fine Arts
- Kent Holsinger (interim)Graduate School
- Jeremy TeitelbaumCollege of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Willajeanne F. McLean (interim)School of Law
- Frank TortiSchool of Medicine
- Regina CussonSchool of Nursing
- Robert McCarthySchool of Pharmacy
- Salome RaheimSchool of Social Work
Basic information about the University of Connecticut.
Connecticut is at the forefront of the bioscience industry.
A place that grows ideas.
The University's founding and early years.