UConn's strides in higher education stretch throughout the state of Connecticut and beyond.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance ranks UConn among the top 25 best values in public colleges nationally. Kiplinger's bases its rankings "on a combination of outstanding academic quality plus an affordable price tag."
- The University of Connecticut has been elected to membership in Universitas 21, an international network of leading research-intensive universities in 16 countries. UConn is only the second U.S. university invited into the network, which comprises some of the world's major institutions of higher education.
- The Neag School of Education is not only ranked the top public graduate school of education in the Northeast and on the East Coast by U.S. News & World Report; it is now also ranked #32 among the 280 private and public education schools in the rankings. Elementary education and special education rank among the nation's top 20.
- The National Academy of Kinesiology ranks the Neag School of Education's doctoral program in kinesiology #1 in the nation.
- UConn's Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program is ranked 26th in the country out of 124 programs in U.S. News & World Report America's Best Graduate Schools 2013 Edition.
- Forbes Magazine ranks UConn 30th out of the 124 national public research universities in its “America’s Best Colleges” rankings for 2012.
- According to the National Research Council, the French program in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages in UConn's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences ranks among the best in the nation, ranking #1 in the country in such categories as student placement and scholarly productivity. In addition, the program is one of only 16 in the nation selected by the French government as a "centre pluridisciplinaire."
- According to the National Research Council, among public universities
- UConn Chemical Engineering ranked #2 in Student Outcomes and #12 in Academic Jobs.
- UConn Civil Engineering ranked #7 for Placement Rate.
- UConn Computer Science ranked #11 for Female Faculty.
- UConn Environmental Engineering ranked #7 in Diversity and #8 in Placement Rate.
- UConn Materials Science ranked #4 in Diversity and #5 in Placement Rate.
- UConn Mechanical Engineering ranked #5 in Awards and #14 in Publications.
- Materials Science & Engineering program ranked #46 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Phds.org ranks the doctoral program of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the top quartile of 136 electrical engineering Ph.D. programs in the country (according to the National Research Council survey-based quality score).
- Academic Analytics ranked (2007-2008) the faculty productivity (based on data on publications, citations, awards, and grants) in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering to be in the 97th percentile among 153 EE programs in the nation.
- UConn's psychology researchers are ranked 2nd in the nation by the National Science Foundation for federal research funding.
- UConn's Master of Public Administration program is ranked 46th in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and its public finance and budgeting program is ranked 7th in the nation.
- UConn ranks 3rd among 58 public research universities nationally in average time to graduate (4.2 years) among students earning a bachelor's degree in six years or less.
- For 12 years running, UConn's undergraduate program has been rated in the top 10 in the country among public national universities by U.S. News & World Report for our graduation rate performance, a measure of institutions enhancing student achievement.
- Our business school's undergraduate Real Estate program ranks in the Top 10 among public and private national universities in U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- UConn's graduate programs in statistics and in history are ranked in the top 30 public university programs by U.S. News & World Report as are our School of Law and School of Social Work.
- UConn's graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology is ranked among the top 25 public and private university programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Phds.org ranks the doctoral program of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources' Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics as #16 in the nation among small and prestigious programs and #11 for placement of graduates.
- Payscale.com 2012 ROI rankings show UConn ranks 30th among 395 Public higher education institutions with regard to Return on Investment for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Payscale.com Public College Salary Report ranks UConn 36th among public national universities for average starting salary of our alumni.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has named UConn one of 115 institutions to earn the organization's prestigious elective "Community Engagement" classification for its ongoing commitment to public engagement and service to the community.
- The Sierra Club, an international environmental advocacy organization, ranks UConn 5th in the “Top 10 Coolest Schools" in the country, based on environmental initiatives. The Sustainable Endowments Institute also named UConn a "Campus Sustainability Leader" on its College Sustainability Report Card 2011.
- UConn ranks 3rd in the UI GreenMetric World University Rankings, based on energy management, sustainability-related scholarship and the proportion of green space on campus.
Basic information about the University of Connecticut.
Connecticut is at the forefront of the bioscience industry.
A place that grows ideas.
The University's founding and early years.