WINTER HOLIDAY CELEBRATION
House & Supplies
- Each team will be provided with a preassembled undecorated gingerbread house, approximately 7” long x 8” wide, x 8 1/2” tall.
- Houses will be “cemented down” on a platform approximately 16” x 12”. There will be 4” of the board showing around three sides of the house and 2” off the back.
- Each team will be provided with aprons and a supply box.
- Each box will contain the following decorative supplies:
Royal Icing: white & green
Red and blue food coloring
Pastry bags—no tips
Plastic bowls, spoons, knives
M&M’s– all colors, possibly blue & white
Mini Marshmallows – colored
We reserve the right to make substitutions
- The quantity of the decorative supplies listed above will not be provided ahead of time.
- A central supply table will be set up with additional icing and three decorative “mystery” items. Each team must utilize at least two of the three mystery items.
- Decorating plans will be allowed to be brought into the competition.
- Each team member should bring in either one pair of scissors or one sharp knife. These items will not be provided.
- No other outside decorations, tools or utensils will be allowed.
- Competitors will periodically be notified of time remaining.
- All decorating will cease at official announcement at 3:15 p.m.
Teams should be prepared for a few twists, turns and surprises!