WINTER HOLIDAY CELEBRATION
Location: Rome Commons BallroomCompetition Day Schedule:
|Team Registration||2:00 p.m.|
|Team Orientation||2:15 p.m.|
|Decorating Begins||2:30 p.m.|
|Decorating Ends||3:15 p.m.|
|Judging||3:15 - 3:45 p.m.|
|Winners Announced||4:15 p.m.|
Teams are to consist of five faculty/staff members from a department or unit. No students please.
The names of all team members must be submitted to University Events and Conference Services by Friday, November 30, 2012.
Entries will be judged in the following manner:
- A panel of three UConn celebrity judges will each award 25, 15, or 10 points to their personal top three entries. These judges will remain anonymous until the event day.
- Each team will be allotted two votes worth 5 points each. Only one of those votes may be cast for your own team’s entry.
- Each individual attending the event will be allocated one vote to cast for their favorite entry.
- First, second and third prizes will be awarded to the three entries with the highest total scores. In the event of a tie, those entries involved will be placed in a random drawing.
- Winners will be announced at the event.
University Catering sandwich buffet for up to 20 people, to be scheduled for one of the following months: December 2012, January or February 2013. Standard University Catering scheduling and service policies apply.
Gift certificate to Chuck and Augies for lunch for members of winning team.
Gift certificate to UC Cafes for one coffee per member of winning team.
Houses following the event
Following the event each team will be responsible for taking their decorated house back to their department for display or for donating it to a charity.
Please call University Events and Conference Services at 860-486-1038.